A Photographer's Journal

Rita Spiegel is an Oceanside-based portrait and pet photographer. Photographs not only to document our lives, but also tell a story. They bring back memories at a glance. Click here to get back to the main website: www.RitaSpiegel.com or Rita@RitaSpiegel.com. I invite you to look through my portfolios and I hope you enjoy my images.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Help ... I think I am procrastinating??

Today I went to a health fair and home depot. I am going to make screen panels for my from doors ... much cheaper than purchasing them, especially since I don't have a lot of income coming in at this point. This a project I need to do, but again ... it takes me away from working on the business side/marketing for my images.

I enjoyed working on several photos and I'm about to update my site. I tend to think I procrastinate about the business component. It is so easy, fun and more enjoyable to work on my photography and art side, then thinking about the marketing side. I always have good intentions, but when I start, something takes my attention and turns it away.

Again ... I think this is a main problem I need to solve to get my business successful and yes, earn money. Wow ... I said it. I MUST earn money. I need someone who knows about marketing to help me, but I don't have the money to hire someone. Maybe some day.

Tomorrow is Sunday, which is always my art day. But ... I am going to prepare my "list" of things to do for next week. I have a lot of ideas for my art show, such as signs and getting all my existing photos organized.

Goal for next week: To do one item on my "to do" list. Wish me luck (or a kick in the ass)!

No comments:

Post a Comment