A Photographer's Journal

Rita Spiegel is an Oceanside-based portrait and pet photographer. Photographs not only to document our lives, but also tell a story. They bring back memories at a glance. Click here to get back to the main website: www.RitaSpiegel.com or Rita@RitaSpiegel.com. I invite you to look through my portfolios and I hope you enjoy my images.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Harvest Moon

September 23, 2010 was the harvest moon. Simply, this means that this is time when the sun is closest to the equinox. The harvest moon comes soon before or soon after the autumnal equinox.

After checking on the time of the moonrise (6:40 pm), I headed to the Oceanside Harbor to photograph the moon rising over the ships in the harbor.




The lights and reflections added a lot of atmosphere to this shot. I love shooting a twilight, the light is so soft.


If you are looking to photograph family, friends or anything that captures your passion, remember to choose the right time of day.  These photographs were planned out and you can achieve them too.  Just a little though before you go out and you will be surprised by the images you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment