A Photographer's Journal

Rita Spiegel is an Oceanside-based portrait and pet photographer. Photographs not only to document our lives, but also tell a story. They bring back memories at a glance. Click here to get back to the main website: www.RitaSpiegel.com or Rita@RitaSpiegel.com. I invite you to look through my portfolios and I hope you enjoy my images.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Woodies and dogs ... who knew

On Sept. 18, I had the opportunity to shoot more than 200 Classic Woodies.  They were blue, red and green cars.  Mostly from the 1940's - 1960's.  Buicks and Fords were the most popular cars.  
Just of few of the Classic Cars on display in Encintas, CA.
To get the angles of the cars, I used my wide angle lens, Tamron AF 11-18mm  It allowed me to get close up and get the entire car in the shoot.

But I was also able to get "close-up" on some other aspects too.  I don't use a wide-angle on a daily basis. I use it more for landscapes, but it was necessary to get the look I was going for.

What a ride!


One of the car owner was also a dog "person".  He customized a radio flyer into a custom dog stroller.  Now, I never like dogs being carried.  I firmly believe they should walk ... they're dogs. But I had to say, this was one of the funniest dog accessories I've seen in "forever".  I might let Kharma ride in one if I could ... just to take a photo.  Well, at least I got a photo of their owner's dog, cruising at the beach!
Can you see the waves?

To view more of my images, visit my "transportation portfolio".

No comments:

Post a Comment